How to NOT run Genymotion as sudo in Ubuntu
- Delete your previous installation of Genymotion
- Delete ~/.Genymobile folder
- Download new Genymotion installation
- Move it to ~/.genymotion folder.
- chmod +x genymotion_<version>
- ./genymotion -> Are you sure you want to install? y
- (Additional to create shrotcut) Open sudo gedit /etc/environment
- (Additional to create shrotcut) Add to the end of the variable :~/.genymotion
- (Additional to create shortcut) Now restart and you can type genymotion in the terminal and everything will work
- You can now run genymotion without the sudo privilleges
You may also like...