/dev/kvm permission denied on Ubuntu 18.04
You can follow the simple tutorial here to install KVM. Thanks to azbest!
I got this error when I was trying to create an emulator:
/dev/kvm permission denied
I did several things to fix it.
- sudo apt install qemu-kvm
- sudo chown <your_username> /dev/kvm
- Logout and Login again
The error should not be there. You could also create a permissions group and associate it with the file and add your current user to that group like:
- sudo groupadd -g 123456 kvm
- sudo chgrp -R kvm /dev/kvm
- sudo adduser <your_username> kvm
You can try this approach too.